Friday, December 22, 2006

How to make a Non-Objective Fluxpoem

A Non-Objective Fluxpoem is composed of the negative and positive spaces of letters constructed into a composition whose meaning and enjoyment rests in the visual rythmns and movement of the resultant relationships of the shapes and spaces. Anyone can make a Non-Objective Fluxpoem . Any font can be used in the making of this type of a fluxpoem and the change in the font type will open new possibilities of expression.

Non-Objective Fluxpoems are a great way to express your deepest non-verbal thoughts and make wonderful works of art for your walls or presents for friends and family.

[ work shown: Cecil Touchon - Fusion Series #2216 - 18x12 inches
Collage and Acrylic on Paper
]

As a score:

option a. Take letters, chop them up into bits. Arrange into an abstract composition. (example above)

option b. Take a sheet with letters on it. Cut sheet into squares that each have aproximately one half of a letter on it. Arrange parts randomly into a grid. (example below)



















[ Cecil Touchon - Fusion Series #1444 - 7x6 inches ]

3 comments:

allen bukoff said...

I love "how to make..." instructions like this and consider them good fodder for Fluxus Scripts. I plan to try my hand at making some of these collages.

Not sure this is a useful or good question, but which is "more Fluxus" here...the collages produced by following the instructions or the instructions themselves? The collages or the "performance" of making the collage? The performance or the instructions? How do we "group" or "border" The Fluxus here?

Allan Revich said...

I'm also not sure if it is a "useful" or a "good" question... but it is certainly an interesting question (which I suppose gives it some inherent utility).

I'm not sure if one or the other choice has to be "more" Fluxus than the other. More like two sides of the same coin I think (IMHO).

The collages can be Fluxus visual poems and the instructions can also be Fluxus scores.

Allan Revich said...

...Upon reflecting on my response to ptomaine's comments - I guess I have to admit (if only to myself) that it WAS a useful and a good question!