Tuesday, April 04, 2006

eblogger?

ya know, I think I do have an account with this joint already, and membership in another blog, which I recommend highly: PerfectDuluthDay.com. I also recommend a couple of vlogs, sort of related: mnstories and Starfire Tv.

and while I'm busy recommending, any of you who haven't been following the arts ejournal I edit for the Walker Art Center (mnartists.org) should start!

have any fluxors seen the Whitney Biennial? one of the curators is Philippe Vergne of the Walker here, and he and Chrissy Iles did a most interesting talk and discussion of the WB that is intimately related to both Fluxus and Arte Povera (a strong influence on many of the artists in the show). Seems that there may be a certain underground energy among artists at the current moment for a kind of engaged practice that typifies Fluxus. See Peace Tower revival, Rikrit Tiravanija's and Mark di Suvero's antiwar piece that about a hundred other artists participated in.

I'll be running some stuff re this all on the mnartists.org front page in the next few days.

AK

No comments: